The spring semester is a busy time for both lecturers and students. Many third level students are completing assessments.
If you are writing an academic piece such as an Essay, Report or Case study, here are a few tips.
1. You are writing a story, make sure it has a start, a middle and an end. In other words, an introduction, main body, and a conclusion.
2. You need to include academic citations to back up and support the points you are making.
3. Cite correctly, engage in the support material provided by your third level college to make sure you are citing correctly.
4. Try and allow your own voice to come through in your writing. Re-write text in your own words. Ensure to put a citation at the end to give credit to the author you are taking the text from.
5. Edit and proofread your document it will only make it better.
Good luck to all of you completing assignments/assessments at the minute. It can be over whelming, take it one assignment at a time.