Transitioning to something new
With lots of activity back in the market, so many people are now taking steps to transition to new careers, new industries and sometimes even a new location. It can be a daunting prospect and something that requires planning and a commitment to making a change. A few steps that might be worth considering if you feel the time is right for you to make a move.
1. Take the time to make a plan
2. Consider the time frame involved
3. Build your tool kit, you may need some or all of the following:
a. Psychometric test
c. Cover Letter
d. LinkedIn profile
e. Interview Skills
4. Build your market knowledge, follow local companies, or industries that you are interested in
5. Network – Use your personal networks to gain insights into opportunities.
On top of that, keep in mind that confidence and support is needed to make any type of change. Reach out to people you think can help you, and get some professional help if you think you need it.